It's snowing outside, but the last week's 57° temperature triggered a bit of spring fever in me.
Can't stop thinking about gardening!
While browsing, I've found this lovely book called "Grow a Little Fruit Tree".
The book talks about how with proper pruning, large fruit trees can be kept at a 5 - 6 feet height and offer plenty of fruits for a home garden.
Sounds perfect for our yard. I must try this!
So I went to Stark Bro's website and ordered three bare root trees.
While browsing, I kept finding interesting fruits so that my shopping cart had 12 trees in the end. I had to remind myself that I'd never done this before, and that I do work full time and don't have too much time for gardening.
Because I did not want to deal with spraying the trees, I picked the disease resistant specimens fit for 6a climate zone.
- Redhaven peach (Standard size)
- Liberty apple (Semi Dwarf size)
- Freedom apple (Semi Dwarf size)
No comments:
Post a Comment